Monday 9 June 2014

100 Days of Awesome: Days Sixteen and Seventeen - Love Long Weekends

Well I didn't get around to posting last night, because I was still out and about on Date #2 when the clock ticked over midnight. I think we were sitting in a little cafe on Chapel Street, drinking cocktails, when I should have been posting. So sad, too bad, not even going to apologise for it. I'll take a date over the internet any day! (And I'm sure he'd be glad to hear it...)
 
So anyway, we'll start with Sunday.
 
I had a decent-ish sleep, which didn't quite make it into the awesome category, but the fact I felt less like I was dying when I woke up than I had for the last couple of days was pretty awesome.
 
I went to mum's to fix her computer and sort out her superannuation, and was able to do both of those things by the awesomely simple move of paying her internet bill. Magic! While I was there I also saw my friend Ness, which was awesome, and then I came home and actually did some grocery shopping for the first time in about two weeks, which means I actually have food in the house again. Definitely awesome to not be foraging and eating weird combinations of stuff!
 
I came home, had an awesome nanna nap; and, in a move that proved I was fairly interested in my date, I had a shower and got ready to go out. None of this "changing socks and wearing mascara" business (although I did do both of those things) - I actually made time for the full routine. It's pretty awesome that I'd finally gone out with someone who was worth the effort. (Note to Future Vanessa: If I don't feel the urge to put the effort in, it's probably not actually worth going.)
 
My housemate dropped me at the train station with awesome timing - I stepped straight onto the train I had planned to be on, and was right on time, which, let's face it, is a pretty big deal for me! We went for a drink at Bridie O'Reilly's, where this awesome band of old men were playing some pretty modern tunes, and had a couple of drinks and a chat. Then we headed around the corner to the Sweetwater Inn and had the most amazing pulled lamb, slow-cooked in this awesome BBQ sauce and served on a damper roll with coleslaw *lapses into a food coma*
 
Eventually we admitted defeat on dinner -  the servings were awesomely big, but if you're a big eater then you should definitely get amongst it - and we went for a wander to find another venue. The other bar we walked past seemed a bit... not us, or at least, not me, but I don't think I'm too far off the mark in tarring my date with the same brush. Put it this way - the music was loud and not especially musical, the guys had a lot of gel in their hair and the girls were all short-skirted, heavily made-up clones of one another. Pass! So we crossed the road to this cafe that says it's open all night, and it really does appear to be - there were still people being served calamari at 1am. We sat there for a couple of hours chatting and had a hot chocolate and a couple of awesome cocktails before calling it a night.
 
I think that classifies as a pretty awesome date - good company, good food, good conversation. You know, except the part where I broke a glass... oops!
 
And then there was Sunday.
 
Awesome components of my day have involved a quite tasty brekkie, the amusement I have derived from friends clamouring to see how my date went (the funny part about being single is seeing how the coupled ones like to live vicariously through you), had an awesome afternoon nap, and an even more awesome yoga class. I think I must have been sweating out the last of the two pints and two cocktails, and also the last of the cold, because I had more sweat pouring off me than when I was climbing temples in Mexico a couple of years ago. Sexy! It was really challenging while I was doing it, but I feel pretty darned tootin' awesome now.
 
And now, dear reader, it is past my bed time. For those of you in Australia, I hope you also enjoyed your Queen's Birthday long weekend as much as I did, and capitalised on the awesome opportunity to go out and play on what would normally be a school night. For those elsewhere in the world, well I suppose that Monday is only half way through (or less), so you're probably still basking in the afterglow of your weekend. So, what awesome things did you get up to over the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me the loves! Erm, I mean, comment here...