Wednesday 18 June 2014

100 Days of Awesome: Day 25 - Cake Makes Everything Awesome

Well I'll keep this one brief - Tuesday was awesome for three reasons:
 
One, I finally got my car serviced. It was about 4000km overdue (oops) and the brakes had started doing some weird stuff, so it was awesome knowing for sure that they would actually be functioning safely. Phew!
 
Two, I spent most of the day doing GIS mapping via remote access. It was like watching paint dry because the computer I was driving was in my old office in Tasmania, so the connection was slow. In fact, mapping can be slow at the best of times given how much RAM it uses... but anyway, I get quite a sense of satisfaction out of producing a map series, which was awesome. Yeah, I know, I'm a geek. Whatevs. I'm actually paid to do stuff I enjoy, so I think I win this round!
 
Ancillary to the mapping (because I had to ask her to go move the mouse) was that I chatted to the office girl down there in Tassie for a little while, and it was good catching up on all the goss. She recently got engaged, so there was a bit of wedding talk. She's pretty excited about it, and I'm pretty excited about it on her behalf. When I met her last year she'd been having a bit of a rough time of it, so I'm glad things have finally come good for her. And I may be practical in pretty much every other way, but I do love a good wedding. Just as well that I've bridesmaided 3.5 times (the .5 was virtual bridesmaiding for an elopement)!
 
And three, I went to my cake decorating course and made this, which, if I do say so myself, is pretty frigging awesome. I'm annoyed that my equipment list didn't have ribbon listed on it, like most of the rest of the class did, because it would really have set it off nicely. But, no matter - it still looks pretty awesome :-)


What was awesome about YOUR day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me the loves! Erm, I mean, comment here...