Saturday 1 October 2011

Lemon Tart

Well, for once I followed a recipe and have nothing smart to say about it. I'm not going to copy it out because the cookbook - AWW Cooking School - is on my shelf in Adelaide *sighs* I really miss my cook books! But luckily the AWW have posted the recipe on their site, so I will simply give you the link for it here. This one is one of my 101 Things challenges - I did three in a weekend, including this, Monkeyface biscuits and gnocchi. I was on a roll!

I didn't really take any photos to prove that I made it, besides a line-up of the ingredients, and that's actually on a different SD card which I can't be bothered finding.

Good work, Vanessa. Brilliant blog material.

I also didn't take a picture of the tart before my friend Mary and I hoed into it for dessert, and had luckily decided to keep one slice for breakfast (as you do...) when I sent the rest home with her because otherwise there would be zero evidence that the tart had ever existed. I think I was a bit light on the photos because I finished cooking it at 1am after I came home from the movies. I think I saw The Help that night. Great movie!

So here it is.

And here's a better angle.

I'm all about the presentation, you see.

Sometimes I wonder what our neighbours think when I wander about the back yard in my pyjamas taking photos of food. But given their own...colourful existence, which they share with us (and the rest of the street) via raised voices, I don't think I've got much to worry about!

One little note is that this recipe seems to make a little bit too much pastry and quite a bit too much filling for the sized tin specified. I ended up making four mini tarts and had about a cereal bowl of filling left over. Not really a big deal as the filling is tasty on its own, but just thought I'd let you know.

Second note - We served it the night before with a dollop of cream. Very tasty.

Third note - pay attention to your pie crust when you're blind baking. I think I overdid it on account of the fact I was writing a letter and fluked looking up in time. As such, it was probably a little tougher than it should have been. I blame me, not the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me the loves! Erm, I mean, comment here...