Thursday 28 August 2014

100 Days of Awesome: Day 95 - All Work and No Play makes Jack a Dull Boy

... except that's kind of what was awesome about Day 95. I got SO MUCH DONE at work, and it felt GREAT! No dullness to see here, folks.
 
I'm also not a boy named Jack.
 
I can't really explain it, but I've had a bit of a shift in motivation during the last few months at work. I don't know whether it's because I'm happier in my personal life, or I've found something that I can sink my teeth into, but something has changed in me and motivated me and it has flow-on effects in my professional life (my supervisors will be pleased to hear that, no doubt!).
 
For one thing, I'm ironing my shirts instead of just ironing the sleeves and putting a vest on and letting the rest take care of itself ;-)
 
(Don't worry, that's just a trick I mostly reserve for time on site, when a shirt that is clean often stands out enough without needing to iron it!)
 
The hour or so of sunshine we got at work was pretty awesome, too, as was the fact that I more or less stuck to my resolution to eat super-healthfully. The part that was "or less" was when our Accounts lady brought in some sultana tea loaf for afternoon tea, and I had a piece. Weirdly, it made me feel yuck and I didn't enjoy it all that much. I don't know whether it's because it had a bit of margerine on it, and margerine is the devil, or that I've just become quite unaccustomed to eating refined sugar (hah, except in Killer Python form). But that was interesting.
 
So I think I might have to do some baking this weekend, to test out my theory. You know, all in the name of science! And the guys at work have been complaining about the lack of cake lately, so I really only have to eat one slice and then feed the boys the rest, and then feel all virtuous about that.
 
Anyway, that's it from me. Some pretty basic awesomeness, but awesome nonetheless. To me!
 
What was awesome about your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me the loves! Erm, I mean, comment here...