Saturday 1 September 2012

The Joys of Travel

Ever been worried you're going to catch cholera and die a horrible, horrible death in a remote hospital in the arse end of the universe? Me too! That's why I drank me some dead cholera today. As you do.

I have to say I felt a little bit James Bond, what with the effervescent sachet and the shake n pour deceased microorganisms (2500 of them, to be precise). It was like an antidote to one of those drugs that make you look like you're dead when you're not. Or something.

So I'm off on my grand adventure in fourteen days time - Mexico, USA, Kenya (sort of) and Tanzania. Sooooo excited!!! And kind of nervous, but let's give it a big old' SQUEEEEEEE anyway!

So, two things - if anyone in the general NYC area (also considering a side trip to Boston-ish) or the UK wants to catch up and show me the sights, shout out. And if anyone wants to write a guest post for me while I'm away (preferably about food, but about whatever, really) I'd be greatly appreciative - I don't want my poor blog to die!

Did I already say SQUEEEEEEEEE!!! ? :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Awesome sounds like a fantastic trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so! Can't wait :) (I also harbour a fear it will end the same way my last big trip did - with a Medivac! Fingers crossed that doesn't happen again because as much as I enjoy eating food on a tray, I can do without the drama!)

      Delete

Give me the loves! Erm, I mean, comment here...